The most powerful desire is to be loved. If you have never experienced healthy love in your life, then you are missing out on the greatest gift humans can give and receive.
Love is one of the greatest motivations for success. Therefore, understanding your emotions IS a matter of life, health & wealth.
When we are full of love and joy, these emotions excite our brains. As our energy rises, performance can increase at work and home. The opposite is also true – when we are full of stress, our bodies decrease in performance. Whatever emotion we experience is communicated to our body and mind.
The most amazing news is that emotions are usually only present for a few moments, some estimate 90 seconds on average. Watch and see if this is true for you.
When an emotion arises, recognize and name it, such as happy, sad, angry, frustrated or disappointed. Once you name the emotion, then it’s easier to recognize it as simply a temporary signal, not an absolution. The more you realize emotions are signals, the more you can use this awareness to make healthier, more successful choices in your life.
Here are 5 Steps to Increase Success at work and home. I call it the RISE & SHINE ROUTINE. Try this for 30 days.
- Balance, Stretch & Breathe. Before getting out of bed, place 1-2 drops of Balance Essential Oil on your fingertips, and breathe it in before getting out of bed. Then rub it into the back of your neck and shoulders. Next, stretch. Whether it is a few stretches before getting out of bed or a full yoga routine, find a way to gently stretch each day. Stretching the body helps to increase blood flow throughout the whole body, including your brain.
- Create a Gratitude Journal. At home, every morning write down what you are grateful for – just three or four things to start your day with a powerful, positive force.
- Hug a loved one, child and/or pet. Starting your day with love is a brilliant way to wake up your heart. This raises your hormone oxytocin, sometimes called the “love hormone’ or ‘cuddle chemical’. It increases your sense of well-being. Create time to play with a child or pet. This can increase serotonin and dopamine. Two key chemicals in regulating mood and decreasing depression. Create time in your day to play.
- Read a motivational quote, favorite scripture, or self-help chapter. This only takes a few minutes and has a powerful impact. Like a seed, it implants in your mind. It takes root to help you grow, shine and thrive throughout the day.
- Smile in the mirror as you get ready. It takes less muscles to smile, than frown… and creates less wrinkles.
Science supports the connection between performance and emotions. Use Balance essential oil and these 5 steps to help improve your career and life. Let me help you. To order essential oils and for more tips, come visit my blog at heathermckinney.com and share it with your colleagues. Plus, email me at Grow.Shine.Thrive@gmail.com.